Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 3 November 2013

Nothing To Declare

Have so neglected the garden that the blog has followed suit. So last week I was glad to be back in swing of things. I'm working my way through the bulbs, have planted 300 crocus, 600 muscari, 300 narcissus and 200 tulips so far but still a lot to get through - hopefully tomorrow will complete the bulb planting.

I have also brought some bits and pieces into the tunnel hoping to force them for Mother's Day - hesperis, feverfew, applemint beside where I have already planted wallflowers,, sweet william and ranunculus. Difficult to time things for a certain date but here's hoping.

Thursday was such a lovely day and we had planned to make a new bed to mirror the autumn bed. With extra help, we managed to complete the bed (the lazy no dig way or course) in less than a day. With only recently acquired horse bedding (still steaming) on top, the bed will be left over winter to "mature" before planting starts in the spring (the fun bit).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day