Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 1 March 2013

Prairie Planting

Perfect weather for planting up the prairie border that we prepared in the autumn. I had ordered some grasses from two different nurseries - I would recommend Peter Nyssen for grasses, perennials & bulbs - great value & service.

No one seems to want the "hot" colours for bouquets - reds, orange, yellows so I have moved all of my crocosmia from the cutting garden to the prairie border - 50 in total (having divided them up). Also the heleniums which I love (& the bees love). I also bought 9 rudbeckia Goldsturm.

The border is up the side of a field between the garden and the road, down the side of the entrance lane, so it looks a bit rough at the minute. I can't wait to see it grow - hopefully the design looks ok - I sort of just bunged them in.




Plant list as follows:

Grasses                                                  Crocosmia
Stipa gigantea                                         Lucifer
Pannicum Heavy Metal                           Emily McKenzie

Calamagrostis Brachytricha                    Carmin Brilliant  
Calamagrostis Karl Foerster                    Honey Angels
Calamagrostis Overdam                          Severn Sunrise  
Miscanthus Herman Mussel                                
Miscanthus  Ferner Osten                                  
Miscanthus Sinensis Zebrinus                            

Perennials
Helenium Moerheim Beauty, Indiansommer, Red Jewel, Waltraut, Sahins Early Flowerer, Double Trouble
Kniphofia Tawny King & Rudebeckia Goldsturm




Doesn't look like much at the moment but here's hoping. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day